julio 02, 2008

You.Yes.You... as always

Esta entrada va dedicada a él, como casi todas mis entradas poemosas. Pero ahora no son mis palabras las que le dedico, sino la de otros autores, poetas mucho más diestros para expresar lo que siento.

ENJOY

Separation
W.S. Merwin

Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its color.


Yo no puedo tenerte ni dejarte
Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz


Yo no puedo tenerte ni dejarte,
ni sé por qué, al dejarte o al tenerte,
se encuentra un no sé qué para quererte
y muchos sí sé qué para olvidarte.

Pues ni quieres dejarme ni enmendarte,
yo templaré mi corazón de suerte
que la mitad se incline a aborrecerte
aunque la otra mitad se incline a amarte.

Si ello es fuerza querernos, haya modo,
que es morir el estar siempre riñendo:
no se hable más en celo y en sospecha,

y quien da la mitad, no quiera el todo;
y cuando me la estás allá haciendo,
sabe que estoy haciendo la deshecha.


Dream
Langston Hughes


Last night I dreamt
This most strange dream,
And everywhere I saw
What did not seem could ever be:

You were not there with me!

Awake,
I turned
And touched you
Asleep,
face to the wall.

I said,
How dreams
Can lie!

But you were not there at all!


Heart! We will forget him
Emily Dickinson


Heart! We will forget him!
You and I - tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave -
I will forget the light!

When you have done, pray tell me
That I may straight begin!
Haste! lest while you're lagging
I remember him!


Time does not bring relief
Edna St. Vincent Millay

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side,
And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year's bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide.
There are a hundred places where I fear
To go, — so with his memory they brim.
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell his foot or shone his face
I say, “There is no memory of him here!”
And so stand stricken, so remembering him.


The first day
Chrisina Rossetti


I wish I could remember the first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me;
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or winter for aught I can say.
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May.
If only I could recollect it! Such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow.
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much!
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand! - Did one but know!


Longing
Matthew Arnold

Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again.
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.

Come, as thou cam'st a thousand times
A messenger from the radiant climes,
And smile on the new world, and be
As kind to others as to me.

Or, as thou never cam'st in sooth,
Come now, and let me dream it truth,
And part my hair, and kiss my brow,
And say - My love! why sufferest thou?

Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again.
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.

3 comentarios:

Melanie Forey dijo...

¡Qué se lo PIQUE! TQ...

Anónimo dijo...

And in the shadow of these words, he must live.

JoCeLyNe dijo...

the philosopher, by edna saint vincent millay.

es uno de mis favoritos y te lo comparto.

un saludo.