julio 28, 2008

Maybe in the Twilight Zone

I sometimes cry like a spoiled little brat
because I want something that's not mine,
then cry some more at my lack of cool.

There are times I think I would not mind
if you ran over a dog or parked selfishly in two spots
as long as I were in the passenger seat.

I would forgive your greed and shallowness,
your using me, your self centered friends,
if you said I'm important in your world...

But we both know that's not me,
nor my disposition
to be reckless and disdain my mind.

And so, despite the pain of my otherwise strength,
I despise silently and falsely
the awful person you've made me want to be.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

The best thing about being in love is that later on, when you're over him or when you're feelings have radically changed, you'll look back into the past and read these verses and give it a sigh, I promise.