agosto 31, 2007

Globalization Screwed Relationships Chapter 6

Chapter 6

So tired and yet so awake. So hurt and yet so apathetic. So silent, I can hear a pin drop. So loud, I can't hear my own breathing anymore.

But the only thing I want to hear is her laughter. I said I would never forget the sound of my name echoing in her chest. Now, the memories are the headquarters of an insomniac. I know someday I'll forget.

I can see sunny days coming near; the joy of spring; the singing of birds; the excitement of new memories, a new echo in someone else's chest. But they haven't come yet. And in name of all that was ever sacred for me, for us, I'm ripping the sun apart; bringing snow back; restraining all the songbirds' racket; blowing up my brains; cutting of my ears; staking everybody's chests; carving you into my skin. You will always own all of my dreams.

The nightmares I had thrown under my bed, now even fill my cabinets. Whoever said monsters are illusions in our head, surely later had his regrets. Everywhere I turn, I see one of them. One lying next to me. One in the closet is giving me a smirk. One sitting on my computer winking at me. One is taking a bath singing with glee. Another one hiding inside of me, just waiting for me to fall asleep.

And I do. Silently, the night is welcoming me. I'm going home.

No hay comentarios.: